In honor of my Cousin, Jeff Conord, who passed too soon June 2017 at the age of 32, we offer (from the donations of friends and family of Jeff Conord as well as various supporters) the very first Jeffrey Howard Conord Team Leadership and Valor scholarship. $500 paid to your college on your behalf to help with costs of attendance.
Jeff, an outstanding athlete, lead with a passion, intensity, selflessness and work ethic that not only left an impact on his teammates but saved the lives of many when he served in Afghanistan. His funeral was packed with people who were directly impacted for life by an incredibly dynamic person. This award winner will be chosen based on nominations and recommendations from coaches and teammates of an athlete who leads like Jeff.
The criteria to apply for this scholarship are:
- Senior in High School in 2017 and enrolled full time in college for fall 2017 or Spring 2018
- Family relation of active or retired US military will be given priority
- Member of an athletic team at their high school (does not have to be a captain, or varsity, any sport – any level of play)
- recommendation from a former/current coach (include their contact info below or paste letter)
- Paragraph response on why you (or the person you are nominating) lead with valor, with the courage to lead by example, and the dedication to leave no one behind.
Thank you for living and leading with courage, for leading and impacting the lives of others, just like Jeff.